Limiting Credit Card Fraud With Different Cards
I love to shop online, but I have been worried about credit card theft, so I've started using a card with a very low limit so that I can reduce my exposure.
I have been doing this for the past year and a half, and I would say that it has been very successful. At least I've had no credit card theft since I started doing this!
I don't find that it's less convenient, and I always pay off my balance every month, to make sure I'm not paying more in finance charges.
So far, I really like this system.
Living on Toast But They Said I Spent Thousands!!
I live in England where we often say you can "live on beans on toast" in order to save money. I am a frugal person and I don't use my credit card excessively. I have always been very worried about credit card fraud and kept credit card spending to a minimum. Imagine my surprise when the bank rang me up and said that they had reason to believe that I was the victim of fraud. The entire system of one of the merchants I used had been hacked. I had supposedly spent in excess of £5,000 which is about $8k! I explained that I would never do that because I'm a person who lives on beans on toast. How can I protect myself if the merchants are being hacked?
The prevalence of hacking is a concern for everyone around the world and in many cases the average consumer can not do anything to prevent hackers attacking organizations. That said, this website is aimed at looking at ways the individuals can do their best to decrease the likelihood of being a victim of identity theft.It is therefore a consumers' self help and sharing forum. Often this can involve taking simple steps to protect yourself. However, when you are a victim you must be sure that you report the matter to the police, your bankers and their credit card company as well as the regulators responsible for consumer protection. The process can vary from country to country.
The low limit credit card strategy for online transactions is a simple but effective way of capping your risk of loss in case of fraudulent transactions.
Thank you for contributing to this important forum on what what is a critical issue for consumers around the world.
IT Governance Limited Disclosure: Identity-Theft-Scout.com is participating in the IT Governance Limited Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to their affiliate platform.
What Can You Write About?
We are looking for content related to cybercrimes and identity theft. There are tens of possible topics you can pick on these subjects. Moreover, we appreciate innovative issues, critical opinions, and solution-based articles on an area related to our main topics.
In addition to the topics below, if you have anything else related to our line of interest, please let us know, and we will be glad to share with our readers.
Possible Broad Areas
- Laptop hacking
- Internet security
- Data security
- Bring Your Own Device
- Data protection regulations
- Data recovery
- Data loss or DDOS mitigation
- Identity theft recovery … and many more.
Guidelines for Content Contribution
Feel free to send us your submissions or topic ideas through our email address. We strive to respond to every request as fast as we can.
Before working on a topic, please take a look at our guidelines we would like all writers to follow. Please feel free to drop us a line if you do not understand any of the guidelines below or have a suggestion.
- All articles should be at least a 1000 words long. We believe that long articles expound on the topics at hand better than short ones
- Articles should be written in English. And must be written following the steps mentioned here.
- All articles should be original and not copied from the internet even if it is your website. They must pass the Copyscape check before we can publish them.
- The Articles should have useful and quality content, well written and easy to understand
- Headlines written following the guidelines mentioned here.
- The articles should be in an editable format such as .odt, docx or .txt format. Please double space your lines for the ease of reading through
- No offensive or adult language should be employed
- Please, check the article using a spell checker tool (like as Grammarly) before sending the copy to us.
- Please provide a high resolution image for each 250 words (Though, we reserve the right of using the images provided by you). At least 3 images is required for a 1000 words article. The images must be from the free sources (like as Pixabay, Unsplash.com, or Pexels.com). The exact image source link must be provided under each images.
What Will You Get In Return?
- We give full credits for your published work
- If we publish your article, we will give credits to you. Besides, we will write a short bio of you below the article and link to your blog social media pages or website.
We Pay Writers For Exceptional Contributions!
Where a contribution meets our guidelines and is an exceptional idea to help our readers and community we will pay up to AUD50 for the contribution.
Our editorial committee will be the sole judge of what is an exceptional idea. If you have an idea that you wish to pitch to us please use the contact email mentioned in this article.
For the new freelance writers, it is a great chance to earn money online by writing for our website.
This is to encourage you in freelance writing, blogging, and making money online.
How Do You Submit Your Articles?
Take a look at our published work to help generate unique ideas.
Please check and double check that you’ve fulfilled all the criteria.
Then, send the article to us at john[at]identity-theft-scout.com
We get several submissions every day. Therefore it may take time for us to go through each submission. Please bear with us. We promise to respond to each request within a few days
We look forward to publishing your next article.
Amazon Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.