Identity Theft Software
Protecting Your Personal Information
Identity theft software can help you protect yourself from attack on your private information. Identity(ID) theft can occur in various shapes and forms.
It can occur through inadvertently leaving your information out on your desk, through less-than-upstanding cashiers who take advantage of sliding your card, and through computer hackers deliberately hijacking the confidential information stored on your computer.
Using the internet is one of the main ways that hackers gain access to your personal computer, and while non-internet users are 50% less likely to experience identity theft, it is difficult to be a non-internet user in our day and age.
Get Protective Software
One way to help prevent information being hacked on your personal computer is to install identity theft software. What exactly is this type of software and what are its capabilities?
One type of software that helps to protect you from identity theft is anti-virus software. Hackers will sometimes use spy-ware to install programs on your computer that will collect your personal information.
Anti-virus software can detect these. Along the same vein, a good type of ID theft software is anti-spy-ware. This software will detect spy-ware programs specifically.
One thing you MUST have is a filter for your internet. An unfiltered internet will not only leave yourself and your children unprotected from the dangers of the internet, it will also open up your computer to a host of viruses and potential hackers.
There are some programs available that will ensure that none of your information left on internet auto-completes will be left available for hackers.
Other programs will allow you to erase your hard drive remotely if your computer has been stolen. Some software will systematically search your personal computer for personal information and will actually clear it from the PC.
Another type of preventative software for identity theft is firewall protection. Firewall software sits between your computer and the network and scans incoming traffic from the network (Internet included).
It will allow or deny according to the rules you define. The default rule is “deny all,” which permits no incoming traffic. You can set the rules to allow the incoming items that you want.
Windows Security Essentials, which replaces Windows Firewall and Windows Defender, is easily configurable and is Microsoft’s newest free security software. You can actually download it from the Microsoft website and it can replace your older Windows firewall software.
Protect Your Data Online
There are many ways to protect your PC with identity theft software. Using filters, anti-virus, anti-spy-ware, and firewall software are easy ways to protect yourself and your information and are readily available--securing yourself and your family should be a top priority in the digital age.
Have Good Identity Theft Software Tips to Share?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it! Which is your favorite software, and why?
Go to Top of Identity Theft Software page
Go to Online Identity Theft
IT Governance Limited Disclosure: Identity-Theft-Scout.com is participating in the IT Governance Limited Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to their affiliate platform.
What Can You Write About?
We are looking for content related to cybercrimes and identity theft. There are tens of possible topics you can pick on these subjects. Moreover, we appreciate innovative issues, critical opinions, and solution-based articles on an area related to our main topics.
In addition to the topics below, if you have anything else related to our line of interest, please let us know, and we will be glad to share with our readers.
Possible Broad Areas
- Laptop hacking
- Internet security
- Data security
- Bring Your Own Device
- Data protection regulations
- Data recovery
- Data loss or DDOS mitigation
- Identity theft recovery … and many more.
Guidelines for Content Contribution
Feel free to send us your submissions or topic ideas through our email address. We strive to respond to every request as fast as we can.
Before working on a topic, please take a look at our guidelines we would like all writers to follow. Please feel free to drop us a line if you do not understand any of the guidelines below or have a suggestion.
- All articles should be at least a 1000 words long. We believe that long articles expound on the topics at hand better than short ones
- Articles should be written in English. And must be written following the steps mentioned here.
- All articles should be original and not copied from the internet even if it is your website. They must pass the Copyscape check before we can publish them.
- The Articles should have useful and quality content, well written and easy to understand
- Headlines written following the guidelines mentioned here.
- The articles should be in an editable format such as .odt, docx or .txt format. Please double space your lines for the ease of reading through
- No offensive or adult language should be employed
- Please, check the article using a spell checker tool (like as Grammarly) before sending the copy to us.
- Please provide a high resolution image for each 250 words (Though, we reserve the right of using the images provided by you). At least 3 images is required for a 1000 words article. The images must be from the free sources (like as Pixabay, Unsplash.com, or Pexels.com). The exact image source link must be provided under each images.
What Will You Get In Return?
- We give full credits for your published work
- If we publish your article, we will give credits to you. Besides, we will write a short bio of you below the article and link to your blog social media pages or website.
We Pay Writers For Exceptional Contributions!
Where a contribution meets our guidelines and is an exceptional idea to help our readers and community we will pay up to AUD50 for the contribution.
Our editorial committee will be the sole judge of what is an exceptional idea. If you have an idea that you wish to pitch to us please use the contact email mentioned in this article.
For the new freelance writers, it is a great chance to earn money online by writing for our website.
This is to encourage you in freelance writing, blogging, and making money online.
How Do You Submit Your Articles?
Take a look at our published work to help generate unique ideas.
Please check and double check that you’ve fulfilled all the criteria.
Then, send the article to us at john[at]identity-theft-scout.com
We get several submissions every day. Therefore it may take time for us to go through each submission. Please bear with us. We promise to respond to each request within a few days
We look forward to publishing your next article.
Amazon Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.