Identity Theft Insurance
Protecting Against ID Theft
Identity theft insurance is one of the ways that you can help to protect yourself if your personal information is compromised.
In this digital age, the sharing of information and knowledge over the internet and other technology is rapidly growing. Many people post information of all kinds on sites like Facebook and MySpace, while many others do their banking and bill paying online.
Protect your Identity
Protecting your identity is one of the most important things you can do to keep your information and your credit safe.
Studies and statistics show that at least 10 million people are victims of identity theft on a yearly basis. The many hours that people spend straightening out the many problems that arise from identity theft is staggering, not to mention the cost and the stress inherent in this particular type of victimization.
Credit can be damaged and debts can be incurred in your name, and your personal confidential information is compromised. Even if you take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself, you may still become the victim of a sophisticated hacker.
How ID Insurance Can Help
This is where insurance for identity theft comes in to the picture. The purpose of identity theft insurance is to cover the costs and expenditures that arise from clearing your name and your credit.
Some policies will cover basic fees, such as phone calls, photocopying documents, and other smaller charges. Some policies have deductibles that you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket before they will reimburse you.
Other policies are more comprehensive and will cover all the fees associated with identity theft, including legal costs and long distance phone calls.
Where to Get Insurance Coverage
Some companies, such as American Express, offer identity theft coverage as a free service to all cardholders.
The Zander Insurance Group is an example that offers an identity theft protection program for a small fee that is quite comprehensive. Although it is not considered to be an insurance product, they offer fully managed recovery and reimbursement of fees up to $20,000 with no deductible.
If you become a victim, having identity theft insurance will help you through the stressful process of trying to clear your name, information, and credit.
The monthly expense is well worth the peace of mind and the protection that it will offer you, as well as helping you to recoup some of the expenses that you will likely incur as a part of the recovery process. Remember, a good name is worth more than any amount of money!
Have A Great Story or Advice About Identity Theft Insurance?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Go to Top of Identity Theft Insurance page
Go to Protection Against Identity Theft
IT Governance Limited Disclosure: Identity-Theft-Scout.com is participating in the IT Governance Limited Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to their affiliate platform.
What Can You Write About?
We are looking for content related to cybercrimes and identity theft. There are tens of possible topics you can pick on these subjects. Moreover, we appreciate innovative issues, critical opinions, and solution-based articles on an area related to our main topics.
In addition to the topics below, if you have anything else related to our line of interest, please let us know, and we will be glad to share with our readers.
Possible Broad Areas
- Laptop hacking
- Internet security
- Data security
- Bring Your Own Device
- Data protection regulations
- Data recovery
- Data loss or DDOS mitigation
- Identity theft recovery … and many more.
Guidelines for Content Contribution
Feel free to send us your submissions or topic ideas through our email address. We strive to respond to every request as fast as we can.
Before working on a topic, please take a look at our guidelines we would like all writers to follow. Please feel free to drop us a line if you do not understand any of the guidelines below or have a suggestion.
- All articles should be at least a 1000 words long. We believe that long articles expound on the topics at hand better than short ones
- Articles should be written in English. And must be written following the steps mentioned here.
- All articles should be original and not copied from the internet even if it is your website. They must pass the Copyscape check before we can publish them.
- The Articles should have useful and quality content, well written and easy to understand
- Headlines written following the guidelines mentioned here.
- The articles should be in an editable format such as .odt, docx or .txt format. Please double space your lines for the ease of reading through
- No offensive or adult language should be employed
- Please, check the article using a spell checker tool (like as Grammarly) before sending the copy to us.
- Please provide a high resolution image for each 250 words (Though, we reserve the right of using the images provided by you). At least 3 images is required for a 1000 words article. The images must be from the free sources (like as Pixabay, Unsplash.com, or Pexels.com). The exact image source link must be provided under each images.
What Will You Get In Return?
- We give full credits for your published work
- If we publish your article, we will give credits to you. Besides, we will write a short bio of you below the article and link to your blog social media pages or website.
We Pay Writers For Exceptional Contributions!
Where a contribution meets our guidelines and is an exceptional idea to help our readers and community we will pay up to AUD50 for the contribution.
Our editorial committee will be the sole judge of what is an exceptional idea. If you have an idea that you wish to pitch to us please use the contact email mentioned in this article.
For the new freelance writers, it is a great chance to earn money online by writing for our website.
This is to encourage you in freelance writing, blogging, and making money online.
How Do You Submit Your Articles?
Take a look at our published work to help generate unique ideas.
Please check and double check that you’ve fulfilled all the criteria.
Then, send the article to us at john[at]identity-theft-scout.com
We get several submissions every day. Therefore it may take time for us to go through each submission. Please bear with us. We promise to respond to each request within a few days
We look forward to publishing your next article.
Amazon Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.